Chatham County Utilities offers several ways for you to pay your bill:
- Mail In Your Payment: You may mail a check or money order to Chatham County Utilities in the envelope enclosed with your printed bill. Please allow plenty of time for receipt of US mail. Delay in postal delivery may result in a late fee assessment.
- In-Person: You can also pay your bill by cash or check at the Tax Office, located on the first floor of the Chatham County Government Annex Building at 12 East Street, Pittsboro, NC 27312
- Night Depository Box: To drop off payments after hours, use the secured night deposit mailbox located in the parking lot behind the Chatham County Tax Office - Annex Building
- Wal-mart Stores: Pay your Chatham County Utility bill at any Wal-mart location. Just visit any Wal-mart MoneyCenter. Be sure to bring your Chatham County Utility bill statement. Allow 2-3 business days for payment to be received timely.**
- Bank Bill Pay: If your bank offers online bank bill pay you can send your payments to us at Chatham County Utilities, PO Box 910, Pittsboro NC 27312.**
- Automatic Bill Payment: For your convenience, Chatham County Utilities now offers automatic bill payment through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), which automatically deducts money from your checking or savings account. You will still receive an billing statement with the amount to be drafted, but you won't have to write checks. Instead, the bank sends the funds for you. Bank drafts take place on the current charges bill due date, and therefore you will want to make sure no past due charges are on the account when you sign-up to avoid a bill going unpaid. You may sign up for this option by submitting a Bank Draft Authorization Form online. You also can print and mail to PO Box 910, Pittsboro, NC 27312 or fax at 919-542-8282 with a copy of a voided check.
- One Time Credit/Debit Card Payment: Chatham County Utilities is happy to accept credit/debit card payments from your VISA, Mastercard, American Express or Discover Card. You can pay online through our Citizen Self Service Portal (click here) or by call 1-877-690-3729, key in jurisdiction code (4300) and select option #4.
*Forte Payments charges a convenience fee of $3.95 for credit card payments. IMPORTANT! Forte Payments has a $1200.00 per transaction limit on credit card payments. If you need to make a payment over $1200.00, you will need make multiple card transactions or pay by cash, check or money order. If you have a question regarding this limit, please contact us.
**If you have received a disconnect notice, please keep in mind that we must receive your payment by the 15th of the month to avoid cutoff. If paying within 2-3 days of the 15th you will want to pay through Forte Payments using a credit/debit card or in person at the Tax Office due to mail delivery issues with the post office or bank bill pays taking 3-5 business days to process.