NEWS ALERT: Chatham County Utilities New Online Customer Portal and Billing System (CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO)
MISSION: To protect and manage Chatham County’s water supplies and to provide the highest possible quality of water and services.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Chatham County Public Utilities is committed to providing friendly, quality customer service. We fulfill this service by sustaining high quality customer service through accuracy, accountability and communication.
The information on our web pages is intended to guide you through the process of establishing service, payment options, fees, billing questions, water quality, etc.
MAJOR SERVICES: Chatham County Public Utilities focuses on providing the following services for current and future customers:
- Provide potable water service for water customers
- Provide sewer service for sewer customers
- Provide testing and quality control to protect the quality of county water
- Recommend utility policy changes and enforce existing policies
- Manage utility projects throughout the county, including construction of water mains, storage tanks, pump stations and provision of service to new developments
- Oversee the county’s water districts and activities related to those districts
- Provide accurate, timely billing and collection of payments through various options (on-site collections in the Tax Office, bank drafts, drop-off box, mail, and online credit cards)
- Develop new services as needed
- Provide friendly, effective customer service
- Online Forms
We are here to help! Please use the contact information below to contact Chatham County Utilities.
Water Bill Information
New Connections and Water Turn Offs
| (919) 542-8270
(8 a.m. to 5 p.m., M-F)
Water Emergency Numbers
| (919) 548-3006 or
| PO Box 910
Pittsboro, NC 27312
|Call Before You Dig-NC ONE CALL||811|
OFFICE LOCATION: 964 East St, Suite 204 (2nd floor), Pittsboro, NC 27312
SAFE DRINKING WATER HOTLINE: 1-800-426-4791
LOCAL MUNICIPAL WATER SYSTEMS: If you live in the municipal limits of the municipalities below, you will need to contact them for more information:
Town of Siler: (919) 742-4732 / non-office hours (919) 742-5626
Town of Pittsboro: (919) 542-4621 ext: 23 / non-office hours (919) 548-3797
Goldston Gulf Sanitary District: (919) 898-2239