Chatham County is your local government, with a proven record of growth and innovation that is always on the cutting edge of technology. It is comprised of divisions and programs for public safety, human services, natural resources, general government, administration, and culture and recreation. Chatham County is 707 square miles, and citizens are our first priority.
Chatham County has over 500 employees who play an important role in planning, designing, and maintaining government programs while delivering good customer service and maintaining fiscal responsibility. Chatham County offers a wide range of career opportunities in a service oriented, flexible environment. Our employees are our greatest asset, and we place a high value on training so employees are well-educated and well-trained. Sure, while various career opportunities exist, none are as rewarding as working for Chatham County.
It's so easy to find your niche in Chatham County!
We Offer the Following:
- the widest range of career opportunities to develop your job skills and meet your goals
- a stable career environment
- career development and training opportunities, including our in-house Leadership Academy and Advanced Leadership Academy
- access to new and cutting-edge technology
- opportunities for improving your health and wellness through activities sponsored by the Chatham County Wellness Committee
- acclaimed retirement plan and medical and dental insurance plans
- competitive pay
- paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- paid leave for verified non-tobacco use