The Chatham H.E.A.T. (formerly the Chatham County Wellness Committee) is a committee that is made up of county employees from various departments such as the Health Department, Manager's Office, Parks and Recreation and Cooperative Extension. The committee meets quarterly to discuss new and recurring classes or events, the recruitment of new members, the marketing and communication of programs and events, community health and wellness activities and other important information.
Chatham H.E.A.T. offers a variety of activities for employees throughout the year to keep us all active and healthy
- All employees are entitled to discounted gym memberships at various locations throughout the County.
- The Chatham Fun League is an afternoon sports league open to employees and their families. We have played kickball, cornhole, disc golf and football and look to offer dodgeball and basketball in the future. Game play is every Thursday at 5:15pm at various local parks, weather permitting.
- Each year, the Garden Team, in conjunction with the wellness committee, works hard to grow and harvest fresh fruits and vegetables to be shared among employees while also donating to the CORA Food Bank.
- H.E.A.T. also sponsors at least one wellness challenge per year. Over the years, we have hosted walking and weight loss challenges and the Eat A Rainbow Fruit and Vegetable Challenge.
- The committee also holds one blood drive annually each spring in conjunction with the American Red Cross.
- Each year, we have an annual Bowl O' Salsa Championship in conjunction with Eat a Rainbow Week (last full week in September) and the Chatham H.E.A.T. Chili Cook-Off each year in December. Our most recent winners are featured below!