Human Resources and Risk Management is part of the Chatham County Manager’s Office.
MISSION: The mission of the Human Resources and Risk Management Office is to recruit, develop, support and retain excellent employees to support the goals and objectives of Chatham County government.
- Manages job recruitment, selection and promotion of county employees;
- Develops and oversees employee benefits and wellness programs;
- Develops and promotes appropriate personnel policies and enforces those policies;
- Fosters a positive work environment and effective employee-employer relations;
- Manages the county’s pay-for-performance system;
- Promotes employee career development and job training;
- Provides a county government orientation for new employees;
- Provides guidance on disciplinary actions; and
- Serves as primary contact for work-site injuries and accidents.
OFFICE: 12 East Street, Pittsboro, NC 27312
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday, except holidays
MAILING ADDRESS: P. O. Box 1809, Pittsboro, NC 27312
DIRECTOR: Carolyn Miller