For the latest information on coronavirus, or COVID-19, including service and program impacts in Chatham County, please visit the coronavirus webpage.

Application Forms

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Chatham County Online Permitting Portal


Provided below is a list of all available application forms for the permit process.

Residential Construction Permit Application - This application is for any residential construction.

Commercial Construction Permit Application - This application is for any commercial construction.

Shell Scope Form (Commerical Projects) - A Shell Scope form is to be submitted with any shell building permit.  It is not required for footing/foundation permits or a full building permit with a single tenant.  Any multi-tenant building must be permitted as a shell and be finalled prior to issuance of tenant upfit permits. 

Mobile Home Permit - This application is for a mobile home permit.

Demolition Permit  All buildings and structures, regardless of age, are subject to the regulation.  These include all commercial buildings, apartments, or condominiums with more than four units, public buildings and facilities such as bridges, large tanks, pipelines, boilers, and any industrial facility.  Any building, including any dwelling, at the site of a proposed public or commercial project such as a new shopping mall or housing subdivision is a regulated facility subject to this regulation.  For further information Construction and Demolition Debris Information

Preliminary Plan Review - This application is for preliminary plan review for commercial construction.

Contractor Verification Affidavit - This affidavit shall be signed by each sub-contractor license holder and each signature shall be notarized prior to the issuance of a building permit or the change of a contractor.

Electrical, HVAC, or Plumbing Permit -  This application is for miscellaneous electrical mechanical and plumbing work.  Payment by check or credit card only (Visa, Discover and MasterCard accepted). You must submit the permit application, along with a credit card authorization or check.

  • Electrical permits are required for the installation of new electrical service, service upgrade or relocation, new circuits or extensions to existing circuits, fixed appliances and equipment connections

  • Mechanical permits are required for the installation and repair of heating, ventilating, cooling and refrigeration systems.

  • Plumbing permits are required for the installation, removal, alteration or replacement of any plumbing fixture, gas, water, or drainage piping work, or water heating equipment.

Appendix B -This is a Building Code Summary form required for all commercial projects.  Please not that this form must be printed in color.

Noise Permit - Before a noise permit can be granted  an affidavit and schedule of notice must be received.  These documents are available in the notification packet. For more information on when a noise permit is required, see the county's noise ordinance.

Consolidated Special Events Application Form:  This application is required for any indoor or outdoor public gathering, including fairs, carnivals, festivals, street fairs, tents and air-supported structures, plays, food sales, art shows, musical performances, fundraisers and fireworks displays. The consolidated form is designed to help applicants through the various contacts and approvals required for specific types of events.

Owner Builder Statement - This application is for any person or firm or corporation who constructs or alters a building on land owned by that person, firm or corporation provided the building is intended solely for occupancy by that person and his family, firm, or corporation after work is completed for at least 12 months. This application is only used when the owner has not hired and does not intend to hire any person to superintend or manage the building project.

Conditional Power -  This application is for power for the structure prior to the final inspection.

Worker's Compensation Verification -  This verification is required if NO Workers Comp coverage is present.  If Workers Comp Insurance is in effect, a Certificate of Insurance is required.

Contractor Change Form -  This application is to change the general contractor or any sub-contractor on an existing permit and must be accompanied by any applicable Contractor Verification Affidavits.

Ag Exemption Form - This application is to be used when applying for an Agriculturally Exempt building project (i.e. barns, poultry houses).

3rd Party Inspection Form - This form is to be used when a 3rd party inspection is performed.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer