In 2013, Chatham County and United Way sponsored free fundraising and strategic planning workshops for nonprofit agencies. Below are workshop handouts and resource links discussed at those workshops.
- Key Parts of a Fundraising Plan
- Donor Bill of Rights
- Items to Include in a Case Statement
- Example of Fundraising Plan - The Delaware Met
- Fundraising Quiz for Board Members
- Fundraising Email Template
- Planning the Ask
- Fundraising Operational Worksheet
- Sample Fundraising Plan
- Donor Profile Worksheet
Strategic Planning Workshop
- Strategic Planning Resource List
- Creative Leadership
- Trends to Consider
- Core Values
- Action Planning Step by Step
- Strategic Planning Template
- Planning Consultants
Collaboration and Collective Impact
Links to Nonprofit Resources
- BoardSource: BoardSource is the only national organization focused exclusively on good governance practices for nonprofits.
- Chatham Community Assessment: Produced by Chatham Hospital, Chatham Health Alliance, and the Chatham County Public Health Department, the Community Health Assessment is filled with Chatham-specific data on topics ranging from affordable housing to education and unemployment to water quality. Also check out the Community Assessment Tableau Dashboards.
- Chatham Connecting: A free, online resource designed to connect individuals in need, nonprofit service agencies, and donors or volunteers in Chatham County, North Carolina.
- Executive Service Corps of the Triangle: Affordable consulting and capacity building services for nonprofits in the Triangle.
- Leap of Reason Community Resources: Resources offered freely to everyone engaged in the pursuit of high performance.
- North Carolina Center for Nonprofits: Serving nonprofit agencies in North Carolina
- Philanthropy News Digest Blog: Opinion and commentary for nonprofits
- Sanford Institute of Philanthropy via ECU’s College of Education Rural Education Institute: Free webinars and resources on Fundraising and Cause Selling.