The Chatham County Subdivision Regulations defines Minor Subdivisions as any subdivision containing five (5) lots or less with access to an existing public street, not involving any new street or road, the creation of any public improvements, or the request for a variance. Minor subdivisions are reviewed and approved by the Subdivision Administrator upon submission of a complete application and application fee. Section 5.3 of the Subdivision Regulations include the review procedure.
The following requirements must be met for approval of a minor subdivision:
- The plat must meet all requirements and standards for Final Plats as required in Section 6.4 of the Subdivision Regulations.
- There can be no variances requested.
- There cannot be, as a result of such subdivision, a creation of any lots which fail to meet all requirements of the Subdivision Regulations.
- No more than five lots may be created using the minor subdivision procedure within a 12 month period in the same location (approximately 1,500 feet).
- Additional street right-of-way dedication shall be shown on the plat in cases where the existing right-of-way does not meet the present minimum right-of-way width.
Overview of Minor Subdivision Plat Review Process
- Informal consultation with Subdivision Administrator
- On-Site riparian buffer determination and stormwater review by Land and Water Resources Section of the Environmental Quality Department
- Review by Chatham County Environmental Health Division
- Engineering and surveying work as necessary
- If necessary, road name approval by Emergency Operations Center and Board of Commissioners (new private roads)
- Planning Staff review & approval
- Payment of Recreation Fee
- Record Plat
Minor Subdivision Application Materials
|Minor Subdivision Application (Residential)||Word|
|Minor Subdivision Application (Non-Residential)||Word|
|Certificate of Perpetual Easement||Word|
|Water Service Availability Form||Word|
For more information about Minor Subdivisions, please contact:
Paula Phillips, Land Use Administrator