Due to the declared state of emergency during the COVID-19 pandemic and mass gathering restrictions as outlined in the Governor’s Executive Order 121, 135 & 138 the Planning Board & Appearance Commission meetings will be held remotely.
There is no physical location for the Planning Board and Appearance Commission meetings but will be open to the public to attend and participate remotely. The meeting will be live-streamed via go to webinar platform.
Instructions to Access Meetings Remotely
Anyone may participate remotely during the meeting either by phone or through the internet. Participants are encouraged to register in advance of the upcoming meeting. To view upcoming meetings for the Planning Board and Appearance Commission, see the events box on the right hand side of this screen.
To participate remotely select the link corresponding to the upcoming meeting you would like to participate in.
- Planning Board: June 2nd 2020 6:30 PM
- Call-in phone number +1 (562) 247-8321
Audio Access Code 849-246-296
- Appearance Commission: May 27th 2020 6:00 PM
- Call in phone number +1 (562) 247-8422
- Audio Access Code 885-302-321
Once Registered, individuals will receive a confirmation email with further instructions and the link to view meeting, and the phone number to dial in if needed for audio. Individuals can participate either by using phone or computer audio. Please Note: If not viewing the meeting via internet, you can listen to the meeting's audio via phone and can submit written comments.
Instructions to Provide Written Comment
- To provide written comments for the public input portion in advance to the Planning Board meeting, please email the clerk to the board, Dan Garrett email@example.com
- To provide written comments for the public input portion in advance to the Appearance Commission meeting, please email the staff liaison to the commission, Angela Birchett firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also submit comments by mailing to the Planning Department at PO Box 54, Pittsboro NC 27312.
Please include, your name, address, the name of the board and meeting date, and written comments.
Instructions to Sign Up to Speak
When the meeting begins, individuals interested in speaking during the meeting may use click on the "raise hand button" to be acknowledged by the chair and to speak during public comment. We ask that individuals prepare no more than 3 minutes to speak to ensure there is sufficient time for as many participants as possible.
Participants may be asked to identify which case they wish to comment on and their name. At the appropriate time, participants will be unmuted and prompted to speak.
- For best viewing experience ensure that you have internet access, webcam (if presenting) and microphone capabilities installed on your device. A headset is recommended.
- If you do not have audio installed on your computer or device, you can dial in by phone to hear the meeting and enter a pin to sync with name registered.
- If you do not have internet access, public wifi is available at county buildings and may work from the parking lot, however, signal strength varies outside of the buildings.
- Everyone is encouraged to follow the posted agenda. To view the agendas for all Boards and Committees, information is made available via the calendar. See the red box labeled "events" on the right side of this web page. Click the Meeting Date to view the agenda.
- Please note, there may be up to a 60-second delay between the real-time event and the video.
- Additionally, the links to video of the meetings will be posted to this web page for viewing in the box in the upper right hand corner following the meeting.
Thank you for your continued patience,
Please contact Planning staff for any questions; reasonable effort will be made to assist and accommodate.