Nonprofit Recreation Grants Application
Application will open on Friday, April 24, 2020
Deadline is: 5 pm, Friday, May 22, 2020
The Chatham County Parks & Recreation Department awards small grants to local nonprofit agencies to support recreation opportunities in the county.
Step 1: Make sure you have fully read the grant application instructions and are certified to apply for a grant. Click here to read. Staff is available to assist agencies with completing certification requirements.
Step 2: Complete the grant application. CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED!
Grant applications are reviewed by the Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee, and agencies may be invited to attend a meeting of the committee to discuss the grant request. The Advisory Committee makes grant recommendations to the County Manager and the Board of Commissioners. Agencies are notified of awards by letter and will be required to sign a contract or memorandum of understanding before funds can be released.
- Late April: Grants are announced and grant applications are available.
- May: Applications are due late May.
- June: United Way and County staff review certification documentation and ensure that agencies are eligible to receive county funds. Agencies are notified of any missing documentation, and given the opportunity to obtain whatever is needed.
- July: The Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee meets to review applications and make recommendations.
- August: The County Manager and the Board of Commissioners review and approve the recommendations. Agencies are notified by letter of their grant awards.
- September: Grant contracts are sent to agencies. Funds are released when the signed contract is returned to United Way and all certification documentation is complete.
If you have questions about the grant process, please contact Chatham County Parks and Recreation at email@example.com or by phone at (919) 545-8555.