The comprehensive parks, recreation and greenway master plan is well underway! After completing an inventory of existing parks, programs and greenways; public engagement process and review of recreation trends, we are ready to share the draft recommendations. Please join us for an open house on December 11, 2018 from 5:30-7:30 at the Agricultural and Conference Center to provide your feedback on the draft recommendations. Recommendations for park improvements, programs, greenways, operations, finance and health and wellness will be presented.
We look forward to seeing you!
Our mission is to provide all citizens with a variety of recreational opportunities through facilities and programs that are accessible, safe and well-maintained.
MAJOR SERVICES & PROGRAMS:
- Manages county recreational and park facilities
- Offers the following county- sponsored recreation programs: basketball for adults, boys and girls; fast-pitch softball for girls; adult softball; t-ball for girls and boys; youth track and field; youth wrestling, and youth tennis lessons.
- Supports programs managed by other organizations for youth football, soccer and baseball and for kayaking and canoeing;
- Partners with other organizations to develop walking/biking trails and river canoe trails;
- Sponsors special events, including Easter egg hunt, fall festival, movies in the parks, family fun day and summer recreation camp.
Weather Hotline: 919-545-8345
REGISTER FOR PROGRAMS OR RESERVE FACILITIES ONLINE
For programs & classes and to book facilities. WebTrac allows residents to register and pay for programs and classes, make park facility reservations and easily browse recreational opportunities from their computer. To access the departments WebTrac system, visit https://recreation.chathamnc.org
Once registered, users can sign up and pay for program and class registrations, when available, and facility reservations.
Please call our office for any additional information.
OFFICE LOCATION: 964 East Street, Suite 100 Pittsboro, NC (We are located in the building beside the Post Office)
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am-5 pm on Monday-Friday, except for holidays (but call in advance as the staff may be out operating programs)
916 East Street, P. O. Box 1783, Pittsboro, NC 27312
DIRECTOR: Tracy M. Burnett
FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES: firstname.lastname@example.org
COUNTY PARKS & TRAILS: Click here
PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES: Click here
RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD: Click here
SPECIAL EVENTS: Click here
PARKS & RECREATION MASTER PLAN FOR 2009: Click here
CURRENT PARKS & RECREATION MASTER PLAN IS STILL IN PROGRESS: FOR CURRENT UPDATES Click here