The Chatham County Fire Marshal’s Office is part of the Central Permitting & Building Inspections Department.
MISSION: The mission of the Fire Marshal’s Office is to reduce and seek to eliminate the unnecessary loss of lives and property due to avoidable fires within Chatham County. To this end, the Fire Marshal’s Office is committed to:
- Offering effective fire prevention education
- Providing fire inspections and code enforcement
- Providing fire investigation assistance
- Handling arson mitigation;
- Responding promptly to complaints and concerns; and
- Serving as a liaison to all fire departments in the county.
MAJOR SERVICES: This department offers the following services:
- Fire prevention education throughout the county to various organizations and communities;
- Periodic fire inspections of commercial and industrial facilities, as required by state law;
- Enforcement of fire safety codes and review of building plans to ensure compliance;
- Issuance of special fire permits for such activities as special events, fireworks, fuel storage tank removal or placement, and blasting with explosives; and
- Investigation of fires.
OFFICE LOCATION: 80 East Street, Pittsboro, NC
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday, except holidays (but respond to emergencies on 24-hour basis)
MAILING ADDRESS: P. O. Box 548, Pittsboro, NC 27312
FIRE MARSHAL: William Judson, email@example.com