SERVICE IMPACTS FROM COVID-19
Effective immediately, the following adjustments will be made to protect employees and the general public and to ensure that service levels can be maintained throughout the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Staff will not conduct meetings in person or keep regular office hours in the Dunlap Building. We will continue to answer emails, return phone calls, conduct plan reviews, process applications, conduct inspections, issue permits, etc.
You may leave submittals in the main lobby of the Dunlap Building in the designated box provided. Please call staff at the numbers provided and leave a voicemail indicating that you have made a submittal in the drop box. The lobby for Planning/Central Permitting/Environmental Health will be locked.
Every effort will be made to schedule necessary appointments on a case-by-case basis.
Please don’t hesitate to call for more detail about any of the above information. Leave a voicemail and staff will return your call ASAP. We do not anticipate major service interruptions but we do ask for your patience as we work through these adjustments during this time.
Office Location: 80 East Street, Pittsboro, NC
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 130, Pittsboro, NC 27312
Office Hours: 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday, Except Holidays
Fax Number: 919-542-8288
Environmental Health Director
Anne Lowry, R.E.H.S.
Environmental Health is a division of the Chatham County Public Health Department.
MISSION: To promote a safe and healthy community by: ensuring compliance with environmental health standards; educating the public on environmental health issues; and protecting the environment.
MAJOR PROGRAMS:This department offers the following services:
- Provides approval and inspections of private wells and water systems to assure water quality;
- Provides approval and inspections of on-site wastewater (septic) systems;
- Conducts required inspections of facilities serving food and beverages and providing public lodging;
- Conducts required inspections of public swimming pools and beaches;
- Offers a childhood lead poisoning prevention program- http://www.chathamnc.org/Index.aspx?page=1379
»»We do not accept any money transactions after 4:00 p.m. daily. This includes applications for permits, water samples, and any payments via cash, check, or money order. Payments made by credit card now require a 3% convenience fee .««
RELATED INFORMATION & APPLICATIONS:
- Special Events Consolidated Application Form
- Septic & Well Permit Application
Alternative System Designers (Contact our office to be added to the list)
- Food & Lodging
- Water Sample Application
- Onsite Wastewater Monitoring
- Onsite Wastewater Systems (Septic)
- Request For Public Records Form
- Request for Service / Complaint Form
- Subsurface Operators List
HEALTH DEPARTMENT OFFERS WEB-BASED CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEY
The Chatham County Public Health Department wants to hear from you! The health department now has a customer satisfaction survey available online. Click here to give us feedback.
Encuesta de Satisfacción del Cliente para el Departamento de Salud Pública del Condado de Chatham