The Transportation Advisory Committee’s (TAC) purpose is to assist the County Commissioners on:
- Providing input into the development of the County’s Comprehensive Transportation Plan every five to ten years as NCDOT requests;
- Providing input into NCDOT’s transportation project prioritization process within the county;
- Major transportation projects or related issues of concern as assigned by the Board of Commissioners, Planning Department, or TAC Chairs.
MEETS AS NEEDED:
As of May 21st, 2018, this advisory committee will meet only as needed to accomplish the purposes listed above. Committee meetings will be advertised in advance and will be open to the public.
- Non-motorized transportation, such as bicycling and walking
- Public transportation, such as transit systems
- Personal motor vehicles, such as cars and motorcycles
- Large, slow-moving or commercial vehicles, including agricultural and commercial product transport
- Public safety, including emergency responders and law enforcement
- Transportation & the economy
- Transportation & the environment
- Transportation & society (community)
Interested in serving on the Committee? Click here to fill out an application form.
The 11 voting members, along with each person's term expiration date, are listed below: ** the initial term, voting members' terms will be three years.
- Matt Alexander (Chair) - June 30, 2021
- Edmund Regan - June 30, 2019
- Melissa Starr (Vice Chair) - June 30, 2019
- Nicole Brown - June 30, 2019
- Al Capehart - June 20, 2019
- Wendy Spitzer - June 30, 2021
- Larry Staley - June 30, 2021
- Jamie Nunnelly - June 30, 2020
- Roy Girolami - June 30, 2020
- Don Wollum (Secretary)- June 30, 2021
- Keith McLaurin - June 30, 2021
NON-VOTING MEMBERS: The 6 non-voting members are listed below :
- Commissioner Mike Dasher - Chatham County
- Lynn Gaines - Town of Goldston
- Michael Fiocco - Town of Pittsboro
- Larry Cheek - Town of Siler City
- Anna Testerman - Chatham Transit Network
- Casey Hilliard - Health Department
- Town of Cary - Vacant
DISCLAIMER: If any member of the public has issues with roadway repair, signage, or other public roadway concerns please contact NCDOT.
2017 Annual Report to Board of Commissioners
2016 Annual Report to the Board of Commissioners and Infographic
May 2015 TAC Annual Report to Board of Commissioners
QUESTIONS? Call or email Chance Mullis, Planner I, at (919) 545-8366