PURPOSE: The purpose of the JCPC shall be to:
- Ensure that appropriate intermediate dispositional options are available and prioritize funding for dispositions of intermediate and community level sanctions for court adjudicated juveniles pursuant to minimum standards adopted by the Department of Juvenile Justice.
- Evaluate programs developed and supported by the JCPC for effectiveness and continued need.
- Assess the needs of delinquent and at-risk juveniles in Orange and Chatham Counties and report those findings to County Commissioners.
- Plan for the establishment of a permanent funding stream for delinquency prevention services.
MEETINGS: Click here for the revised FY 2019-2020 meeting schedule. Agendas will be sent to the council one week prior to the meeting.
MINUTES: Click here to view approved minutes of prior meetings.
LEARN MORE ABOUT JCPCs: Link to the NC Department of Public Safety website
CLICK HERE TO VIEW CHATHAM JCPC FY 2020-2021 RFP TO APPLY FOR FUNDING
CLICK HERE TO VIEW RFP PROGRAM DEFINITIONS
- George Greger-Holt, Retired, Chatham County Schools
- Rob Miller, School Resource Officer
- Troy Stone, Assistant District Attorney
- Peggy Hamlett, Chief Court Counselor
- Emily Tellman, Debuty Clerk to the Board of Commissioners
- Jennie Kristiansen, Director Chatham County Department of Social Services
- Renita Foxx, Director Chatham 360
- Woodrena Baker, Assistant Public Defender
- Judge Sherri Murrell, District Court Judge
- Pam Weiden, Programs Manager, District Court Judges' Office
- Julie Boone Cummins, Small Business Owner
- Layton Long, Director Chatham County Public Health Department
- Jina Stamey, Chatham County Parks and Recreation Assistant Director
- Alison Uhlenberg, Court Counselor
- Tracy Fowler, Chatham County Schools Executive Director Student Services
- Stephanie Jones, System of Care Coordinator, Cardinal Innovations
- Barry Gray, Reverend, Faith Community Representative
- Jessica Mashburn, Nonprofit Agency Representative
- Sara Martin, County Commissioner Appointee
- Karen Howard, Chatham County Commissioner
CHAIR: Renita Foxx VICE-CHAIR: Pam Weiden
COMMISSIONER LIAISON: Karen Howard is the current county commissioner liaison to the council.
AGENCIES & PROGRAMS FUNDED IN FY 2018:
- Chatham County Together (Community Service & Restitution, Family Advocacy, Teen Court)
- El Futuro (Crisis Counseling Intervention)
- Haven House (Wrenn House, Psychological Assessments)
CONTACT: Renita Foxx firstname.lastname@example.org