County offices close at 4 PM today; delayed 2 hours Tuesday. More weather impacts: CLICK HERE

Application to Serve & Openings

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

If you are interested in serving on one of the county’s volunteer boards or committees, you must complete and submit an application form. It is important to note that some committees or boards may not have vacancies at this time and some require specific qualifications for positions. You must be at least 18 years old to apply. 

TOWNSHIP:  The application form includes a place to list your township. If you do not know the township in which you reside, click here.

COMMISSIONER DISTRICTS: Some committees or boards require or prefer applicants to live or be appointed by a commissioner based on residing in a specific commissioner district.  If so, click here to view the Board of Commissioner election districts that took effect in 2012.

APPLICATION FORM:   You can apply online by completing this form:

Or you can print off a hard copy form to complete by hand: CLICK HERE  Email to,  fax to 919-542-8272 or mail to County Manager's Office, PO Box 1809, Pittboro, NC 27312




Below are the number of the openings on the official County Advisory Committees that are totally under the purview of the Board of Commissioners. Note that openings can change quickly due to resignations or appointments so please contact Lindsay Ray at 919-542-8200 or to confirm any openings listed below.

  • Food Council - two vacancies
  • Triangle South Workforce Development Board - one vacancy
  • Agriculture Advisory Board - two vacancies
  • Board of Health - Professional Engineer vacancy
  • Planning Board - two vacancies






Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer