FARMLAND PRESERVATION PLAN: Click here to find out more the voluntary Chatham County Farmland Plan adopted by the Board of Commissioners on March 1, 2010.
VOLUNTARY AG DISTRICTS: Farmers in Chatham County can apply to have their farmland listed as a Voluntary Ag District. The purpose of these districts are to encourage the preservation and protection of
farmland from non-farm development. This is in recognition of the importance of agriculture to the
economic and social well being of North Carolina and Chatham County.
- For more information on this statewide program, click here.
- To read the Chatham County Voluntary Agriculture District Ordinance, click here.
- To obtain a fillable form to apply to the board for a Voluntary Ag District application, click here
MEETINGS: The board is required by State law and County ordinance to meet once a year. The board may meet more frequently when there are specific issues to discuss or if VAD applications are pending.
When held, the board meets the second Tuesday of the month in Pittsboro in the evenings. Barring unforeseen circumstances, the meeting date will be posted no later than the Friday immediately preceding a Tuesday meeting.
MINUTES: Click here to view past meetings. Minutes are included if available.
MEMBERS: Members are appointed by the County Board of Commissioners. One commissioner serves as a representative to the board.
Current members are:
- Tandy Jones, Chair (term expires 2020)
- Sharon Day (term expires 2021)
- Cathy Jones (term expires 2020)
- Tenita Solanto (term expires 2021)
- Bobby Tucker (term expires 2020)
- Douglas Burleson (term expires 2022)
- Sarah Justice (term expires 2022)
- Ben Shields (term expires 2022)
NOTE: County Commissioner Liaison is Andy Wilkie
CONTACT PERSON: Ginger Cunningham, Cooperative Extension Director, 919-542-8202