To view news events older than 90 days, select the option below to View Archived News.
Important Tips If You Have Property Damage from the Storm
Post Date:10/11/2018 6:36 PM
Return to full list >>
If you have property damage caused by Tropical Storm Michael’s high winds, such as a tree hitting your home, please keep the following in mind:
- If you are in a badly damaged structure, you should consider evacuating to another location until repairs can be made. Safety is the most important consideration.
- After the storm has passed, take lots of photos of the damage from various angles.
- If you have to leave your property, you should secure or remove valuables and lock all doors and windows.
- Use tarps to provide temporary covering of damaged areas.
- Contact your homeowner insurance company to make them aware of the circumstances and develop a plan to get the damage assessed.
- Do not attempt to remove trees yourself. Get the help of people who know what they are doing and have the right equipment.