Community Awareness Event - It Started With a Script: Prescription Drug Misuse, Addiction, and the Opioid Crisis
- Date: 02/16/2019 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Chatham Community Library
197 NC Hwy 87 N
Pittsboro, North Carolina 27312
Chatham Community Library will host the first in a series of Community Awareness Events on Saturday, February 16, from 1:00-5:00 pm in the Holmes Meeting Room.
The first event, "It Started With a Script: Prescription Drug Misuse, Addiction, and the Opioid Crisis", will focus on the current opioid crisis, the science of addiction, and the impact of opioids on Chatham County.
Guest speakers include:
- Chatham County Sheriff Mike Robeson
- Casey Hilliard, Health Policy Analyst, Chatham County Health Department
- Chatham County residents Julie and Elly Cummins
- Zoe Willard, Chatham County resident and documentary filmmaker
- Dr. Joe Mancini, retired medical doctor and addiction expert
- Anna Stanley of Chatham Recovery
- Kyle Smith of Insights Human Services
- Tammy Kirkman and Ronnie Miller of the Chatham County Sheriff's Department
Community Awareness Events are a series of facilitated and respectful dialogues on serious and difficult topics. They are designed to educate and inform the community and to promote understanding.
This event is free and open to the public.
For additional information please contact Rita Van Duinen, Branch Manager for the Chatham Community Library, at 919-545-8083 or via email to email@example.com.