Bill Payment Options
Chatham County Utilities offers several ways for you to pay your bill:
- Check or Money Order: You may either mail a check or money order back to DC Water in the envelope enclosed with your printed bill. Please allow plenty of time for receipt of US mail. Delay in postal delivery may result in a late fee assessment. You can also pay your bill by cash or check at our business office, located at:
Chatham County Tax Office
12 East Street
Pittsboro, NC 27312
located on the 1st floor of the Government Complex Building in Pittsboro
- Night Depository Box: To drop off payments after hours, use the secured night deposit mailbox located in the parking lot behind the Chatham County Tax Office - Annex Building
- Wal-mart Stores: Pay your Chatham County Utility bill at any Wal-mart location. Just visit any Wal-mart MoneyCenter. Be sure to bring your Chatham County Utility bill statement
- Automatic Bill Payment: For your convenience, Chatham County Utilities now offers automatic bill payment through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), which automatically deducts money from your checking or savings account. You will still receive an billing statement with the amount to be drafted, but you won't have to write checks. Instead, the bank sends the funds for you. You may sign up for this option by submitting a Bank Draft Authorization Form online. You also can print and mail to PO Box 910, Pittsboro, NC 27312 or fax at 919-542-8282 with a copy of a voided check.
- One Time Online Payment: Chatham County Utilities is happy to accept credit/debit card payments from your VISA, Mastercard, American Express or Discover Card. You can pay online or simply call 1-877-690-3729, key in jurisdiction code (4300) and select option #4 or online at: Federal Payments.
Federal Payments charges a convenience fee of $3.95 for credit card payments. IMPORTANT! Federal Payment Solutions has a $500.00 per transaction limit on credit card payments. If you need to make a payment over $500.00, you will need pay by electronic check or make your payment by phone. If you have a question regarding this limit, please contact us.
Payments made Monday - Thursday will not post to your account until the second business day. Payments made Friday, Saturday, Sunday and all legal holidays will be posted the second business day. Please keep this in mind when making your payment online to avoid a late penalty.
If you have received a disconnect notice, please keep in mind that your online payment will not post to your account until the next business day. Your payment must be posted to your account two (2) days prior to the cutoff date on your notice to avoid service disconnection and a reconnect fee being applied.