The Household Hazardous Waste program is funded through fees paid by Chatham County residents and is not able to accept business waste.
Here is a list of private companies that handle hazardous waste from businesses. We offer this list as a convenience only, and do not endorse any of these companies. Some may have a pick-up service, while others may have a mail-back or drop-off service.
- A&D Environmental – Burlington – 336-229-0058
- Clean Harbors – Reidsville – 336-342-6106
- Ecoflo – Greensboro – 800-999-6510 (this is the County’s current contractor -- they may offer the county’s rate and permission to drop off at our location by appointment, with an account set up/credit card on file – Kenn Webb is the contact).
- Garco, Inc. – Asheboro – 336-683-0811
- My Eco Lamp – Raleigh – 919-261-1168 (fluorescent bulbs only)
- Safety-Kleen – Archdale – 336-861-4149
Additional service providers can be found in the state’s recycling directory: http://www.p2pays.org/dmrm/start.aspx?id=129