The Chatham Health Alliance (the Alliance) was established in March 2015, as an extension of the 2014 Community Health Assessment Steering Committee. The Alliance is a collaborative of local professionals and residents working together to improve health in Chatham County. The Alliance brings together both traditional and nontraditional partners together to work on issues affecting health in Chatham County, with a focus on the health priorities identified in the Community Health Assessment. Members of the Alliance strive to share resources and work together to enhance existing efforts and achieve a greater collective impact than we would individually. We use a systems approach of education, incentives, and policy tools to effect holistic change for the whole person, whole family, and whole community.
The Alliance meets the first Tuesday of every other month from 10am-12pm. The Alliance also has five subcommittees and project groups that meet separately as well as a Leadership Team.
The work of the Alliance is driven by our Subcommittees. We have three standing subcommittees, based on priorities identified from the 2014 Community Health Assessment: Obesity, Access to Mental Health Services, and Access to Healthcare. Subcommittee Action Plans can be found here:
In addition, the Alliance forms project groups to address specific projects. Project groups are formed around a concrete action, and dissolved upon their completion.
- Communications: The communications project group was formed to address Alliance communication needs, specifically developing the Alliance website and resource directory.
- Outreach: The Outreach project group was formed to increase the Alliance’s connection with Chatham residents. The Outreach project group is will host a number of Community Conversations around the county to increase community discussion around health.
The current Leadership Team includes the Alliance Chair, Alliance Vice Chair, Subcommittee Co-Chairs, the Alliance Coordinator, Subcommittee Health Department Liaisons, and the Health Director of the Chatham County Public Health Department.
- Alliance Chair- Daisy Womble, Community member
- Alliance Vice Chair- Tammy Needham, Chatham Hospital
- Alliance Coordinator- Sarah Weller Pegna, Chatham County Public Health Department
- Chatham County Public Health Director- Layton Long, Chatham County Public Health Department
- Access to Healthcare Co-Chair: Leslie Sharpe, Piedmont Health Services/ UNC School of Nursing
- Access to Healthcare Liaison- Shannon Kincaide Godbout, Chatham County Public Health Department
- Access to Mental Health Services Co-Chair- Debra Henzey, Chatham County Manger’s Office
- Access to Mental Health Services Liaison- Mike Zelek, Chatham County Public Health Department
- Obesity Subcommittee Co-Chair- Jessica Washburn, Chatham YMCA
- Obesity Subcommittee Co-Chair- Phyllis Smith, Chatham County Cooperative Extension
If you have questions or would like to join the Chatham Health Alliance, please contact Sarah Weller at 919-545-8443 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the 2014 Community Health Assessment and executive summary, click here.
For information on the Exercise is Medicine program, click here.
Para más información acerca del Ejercicio es Medicina, haga clic aquí.
The Town of Pittsboro is currently working on the Pittsboro Parks System Master Plan. To learn more and provide input on the plan, visit, www.pittsboroparks.org.
We have been selected as a finalist in the Healthiest Cities and Counties Challenge, with a focus on healthy behaviors and the built environment. Learn more about the Challenge here.