The mission of Central Permitting is to:
- Issue building permits and manage building inspections in an efficient, courteous manner in accordance with state and local laws and regulations.
- Maintain an updated database of inspections and related information to support the work of related departments and to provide effective customer service.
The mission of the Inspections Office is to:
- Enforce the Federal and State laws, North Carolina State Building Codes, local ordinances and regulations relating to the construction of buildings and administration of the fire code.
- Respond to the needs of developers and builders while balanceing the safety of our citizens, all of which influences development cost, profitability, and the quality of construction in Chatham County.
NOTE: The Fire Marshal’s Office is also part of Central Permitting. For more information on that office, click here.
Designed as Helpful
Click here to find out more about a new consolidated pre-application form to guide applicants through the existing process of contacts and approvals required for hosting special events in Chatham County. There are no changes in types of events requiring permits or any other regulations.
- Issue residential and commercial building permits
- Inspect residential and commercial construction, additions and renovations
- Review plans for construction work
- Schedule required inspections
- Release utilities, such as gas and electricity
- Issue Certificates of Occupancy
OFFICE LOCATION: 80 East Street, Pittsboro (behind the BP station and Hardee’s).
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday, except holidays
MAILING ADDRESS: P. O. Box 548, Pittsboro, NC 27312
DIRECTOR: Jenny Williams