Below are programs and services to provide temporary help with housing-related expenses, such as rent, mortgage, utilities, weatherization, and minor repairs.
Energy Assistance Programs
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP):
Christie Layden, 919-542-2759
- Energy Assistance Crisis Intervention Program (CIP):
- Energy Assistance – Energy Neighbors:
Other Emergency Needs Funding
- County Work First Emergency Assistance: http://www.chathamnc.org/services/social-services/emergency-assistance
This program services families with children who are in crisis. In some cases, funds are available to help pay past due rent to avoid eviction, final notices or disconnected utilities when the usual means of payment has discontinued through no fault of the client or there was unexpected expenses.
Call and ask to speak with an Emergency Assistance Worker at 919-542-2759
Chatham County Salvation Army
The Salvation Army provides assistance for utilities as well as rent and lodging.
- Siler City Office: 909 Alston Bridge Road, Siler City, NC 27312 (inside Chatham Trades building)
- Pittsboro Office: 200 Sanford Road, Pittsboro, NC 27312, (919) 542-1593
Central Piedmont Community Action (CPCA)
Central Piedmont Community Action (formerly known as JOCCA) provides financial assistance for rent, utilities, and weatherization. They also administer a rapid rehousing program for people facing homelessness.
1401 Ross Ave, Siler City, NC 27344, (919) 742-2277
White Oak Foundation
White Oak Foundation helps Chatham County renters and homeowners through the N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fund