MISSION: The Pittsboro-Siler City Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) is Chatham County's official destination marketing organization, responsible for travel and tourism promotion as mandated by the occupancy tax and its legal uses. As the liaison between the local travel industry and potential visitors, news media and film scouts, the CVB is the catalyst for visitor-related economic development. This mission is effectively accomplished through cost-efficient, effective marketing and branding of Chatham County, which increases positive awareness of and visitation to the area.
MAJOR SERVICES: We offer numerous, free services to Chatham County's tourism-related businesses, including:
- Provide listings for tourism-related businesses on CVB website, based on guidelines of NC Tourism Division
- Display brochures at our Visitor Center and distribute them at various locations and events (attractions, trade shows, etc.)
- Provide brochures with visitor requests for information through the website, walk-ins or phone calls
- Help facilitate partnerships between lodging and attractions for getaway packages and other marketing opportunities to increase business for all
- Provide information on golf courses, lodging, attractions and tourism-related businesses in annual marketing and public relations campaigns
- Provide media with story ideas, information and photos/electronic images of tourism-related businesses
- Include a wide variety of printed materials and photos/electronic images in press kits for local, regional and national media and film scouts
- Partner with the North Carolina Division of Tourism, Film and Sports Development
- Provide annual listings of county golf courses in official state tourism guides and state calendar of events and to include in county marketing materials
- Write and distribute monthly email newsletter (Tourism ChitCHAT) to those who have requested to receive it
Jordan Lake State Park is often one of the top 10 most visited attractions in the state each year. It provides facilities for boating, swimming, fishing and water skiing.
Photo by Dr. John Shillito.
OFFICE LOCATION: 964 East Street, Pittsboro, NC 27312
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday (this is a one-person office so call in advance to make sure someone is there)
MAILING ADDRESS: P. O. Box 1809, Pittsboro, NC 27312
DIRECTOR: Neha M. Shah, Certified Tourism Specialist & Certified Strategic Tour Planner
OFFICIAL CVB WEBSITE, click here