State online portal to pay registered vehicle property taxes.
- Valuation of real and personal property
- Assisting customers with tax questions and concerns
- On-site collection of water bills for the Utility Department
- Online tax bill/tax records search capability
- Online Forms
- Occupancy Tax Collection Form
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2013:
Chatham County will no longer collect tax on registered motor vehicles. The State of North Carolina now collects county tax at the time of vehicle tag renewal. Please call NCDMV (919) 814-1779 for tax information.
Click here to make a property tax payment for registered motor vehicles.
Note: this does not apply to vehicles with a permanent tag.
12 East Street, Pittsboro, NC 27312 (Courthouse Annex)
Tax Office Location Map
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Listing & Assessing: 919-542-8250
Tax Assessor: P. O. Box 908, Pittsboro, NC 27312
Tax Collector: P. O. Box 697, Pittsboro, NC 27312
ACTING TAX ADMINISTRATOR:
Ken McArtor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-542-8250