state online portal to look up
- Valuation of real estate property with revaluation scheduled every four years;
- Assisting customers with tax questions and concerns; and
- On-site collection of water bills for the Utility Department.
- Online tax bill/tax records search capability.
- Online Forms
- Room Occupancy Tax Collection Form
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2013, Chatham County will no longer collect tax on registered motor vehicles. The State of North Carolina now collects county tax at the time of vehicle tag renewal. Please use the registration card or contact NCDMV (919)814-1779 for tax information. Note: this does not apply to vehicles with a permanent tag.
OFFICE LOCATION: 12 East Street, Pittsboro, NC 27312 (Courthouse Annex)
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday, except holidays
PHONE: 919-542-8260 (Collections) or 919-542-8250 (Listing & Assessing)
Tax Assessor: P. O. Box 908, Pittsboro, NC 27312
Tax Collector: P. O. Box 697, Pittsboro, NC 27312
ACTING TAX ADMINISTRATOR: Ken McArtor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-542-8250