MISSION: To provide all citizens with a variety of recreational opportunities through facilities and programs that are accessible, safe and well-maintained.
Swim Registration in Office May 26th 8am-1pm
2017-18 Recreation Grants Application
Click here to view the application process and begin applying. Please make sure to read the entire list of steps to ensure that your application is complete and complies to all requirements.
To help residents stay fit, Chatham County has partnered with the Town of Siler City and the Chatham County Council on Aging to create a walking series around the county. Walkers of all ages are invited. Click here for more information on the series.
REGISTER FOR PROGRAMS ONLINEFor programs & classes and to book facilities.
WebTrac allows residents to register and pay for programs and classes, make park facility reservations and easily browse recreational opportunities from their computer.
To access the departments WebTrac system, visit https://recreation.chathamnc.org
Once registered, users can sign up and pay for program and class registrations, when available, and facility reservations.
Please call our office at (919) 545-8555 for any additional information.
MAJOR SERVICES & PROGRAMS:
- Manages county recreational and park facilities
- Offers the following county- sponsored recreation programs: basketball for adults, boys and girls; fast-pitch softball for girls; adult softball; t-ball for girls and boys; youth track and field; youth wrestling, and youth tennis lessons.
- Supports programs managed by other organizations for youth football, soccer and baseball and for kayaking and canoeing;
- Partners with other organizations to develop walking/biking trails and river canoe trails;
- Sponsors special events, including Easter egg hunt, fall festival, movies in the parks, family fun day and summer recreation camp.
|Swim Registration||May 26th||8am-1pm||
90 East St,
Pittsboro NC 27312
CONTACT INFORMATIONOFFICE LOCATION: 90 East Street, Pittsboro, NC (between Hardee's and BP Station)
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am-5 pm on Monday-Friday, except for holidays (but call in advance as the staff may be out operating programs)
P. O. Box 1783, Pittsboro, NC 27312
DIRECTOR: Tracy M. Burnett
EMAIL: email@example.comFOR GENERAL INQUIRIES: firstname.lastname@example.org
COUNTY PARKS & TRAILS: Click here
PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES: Click here
RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD & LOCAL GRANTS: Click here
SPECIAL EVENTS: Click here
SLIDE SHOW: Provides information on programs and facilities. Click here. Must have Powerpoint to view slide show.
PARKS & RECREATION MASTER PLAN: Click here