Our mission is to provide all citizens with a variety of recreational opportunities through facilities and programs that are accessible, safe and well-maintained.
MAJOR SERVICES & PROGRAMS:
- Manages county recreational and park facilities
- Offers the following county- sponsored recreation programs: basketball for adults, boys and girls; fast-pitch softball for girls; adult softball; t-ball for girls and boys; youth track and field; youth wrestling, and youth tennis lessons.
- Supports programs managed by other organizations for youth football, soccer and baseball and for kayaking and canoeing;
- Partners with other organizations to develop walking/biking trails and river canoe trails;
- Sponsors special events, including Easter egg hunt, fall festival, movies in the parks, family fun day and summer recreation camp.
Weather Hotline: 919-545-8345
REGISTER FOR PROGRAMS OR RESERVE FACILITIES ONLINE
For programs & classes and to book facilities. WebTrac allows residents to register and pay for programs and classes, make park facility reservations and easily browse recreational opportunities from their computer. To access the departments WebTrac system, visit https://recreation.chathamnc.org
Once registered, users can sign up and pay for program and class registrations, when available, and facility reservations.
Please call our office for any additional information.
OFFICE LOCATION: 964 East Street, Suite 100 Pittsboro, NC (We are located in the building beside the Post Office)
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am-5 pm on Monday-Friday, except for holidays (but call in advance as the staff may be out operating programs)
916 East Street, P. O. Box 1783, Pittsboro, NC 27312
DIRECTOR: Tracy M. Burnett
FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES: email@example.com
COUNTY PARKS & TRAILS: Click here
PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES: Click here
RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD & LOCAL GRANTS: Click here
SPECIAL EVENTS: Click here
SLIDE SHOW: Provides information on programs and facilities. Click here. Must have Powerpoint to view slide show.
PARKS & RECREATION MASTER PLAN: Click here