Chatham Community Library welcomes public use of its meeting facilities by civic and non-profit groups in the community. The library currently has two rooms available for reservation: the Holmes Meeting Room and the Double Study Room. You must submit an application to reserve the Holmes Meeting Room. The Double Study Room can be reserved by calling 919-545-8084.
Holmes Meeting Room Policies
The meeting rooms of Chatham Community Library are available free of charge to groups and individuals for public programs or meetings of a non-profit, educational, cultural, or civic nature. Approval to use the meeting room does not constitute the library's endorsement of the group's or individual's policies or beliefs.
- Permission to use the meeting room must be obtained in writing by completing the application below. Only adults (persons eighteen years or older for the purposes of this policy) may reserve the room, and the applicant must be present while the room is in use.
- Library-sponsored programs will receive first priority, after which applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No group may reserve the meeting room continuously for the same time if such a reservation regularly denies other groups the use of the room. Meeting rooms may be booked no more than 60 days in advance.
- Meeting rooms must be used during regular library hours except under certain circumstances when advance arrangements have been made.
- All meetings and programs must be open to the public. Library staff may attend and observe any meeting at any time.
- The following uses of the library meeting rooms are not allowed:
- commercial or for-profit functions including the sale or promotion of products or services, or the solicitation for later sales or client contact
- the collection or solicitation of fees, dues, or donations, except at library-sponsored events
- social events including, but not limited to, showers, birthday parties, retirement parties, or reunions
- programs or meetings likely to disrupt the use of the library by others
- Attendants shall follow all general library rules and regulations which include the supervision of children at all times.
- Groups reserving a meeting room are responsible for the setup of their presentations, including overhead projection, audio, and video. (You must bring your own VGA adapter cable if you plan to use a Mac laptop with the overhead projector.) A signature on the application indicates that groups understand that they may not move, unplug, or in any way alter the electronic equipment located in the room, and that they are also responsible for setting up tables and chairs and putting them away at the conclusion of the event. The room must be left in a clean and orderly state. Following the event, all groups must complete a checklist and include the attendance from the event. The individual applying for use of the meeting room is considered the responsible party and will be held liable for the cost of any damage to library property.
- Light refreshments are allowed in the meeting room only and are limited to those which can be easily served and disposed of upon completion of activities. Alcohol is not permitted. Groups and/or individuals serving food will be responsible for cleanup and disposal of all waste. Dumpsters are located in front of the Sustainable Technologies Building. New carpet has been installed, so please ask attendees to be extra careful with food and drinks.
- All advertisement and publicity for events held in the meeting room must clearly state organizational sponsorship. The library address and phone number may be publicized only as the location of the event and as a source to contact to verify event date and time.
- The library is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage of materials and equipment left in the library.
- The library should be notified immediately if cancellation is necessary.
- Any individual or organization not complying with the above regulations may be denied use of the meeting rooms in the future.
- Exceptions to these regulations will be considered by the library branch manager upon written request.