Office Location: 80 East Street, Pittsboro, NC
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 130, Pittsboro, NC 27312
Office Hours: 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday, Except Holidays
Fax Number: 919-542-8288
Environmental Health Director
Anne Lowry, R.E.H.S.
Environmental Health is a division of the Chatham County Public Health Department.
MISSION: To promote a safe and healthy community by: ensuring compliance with environmental health standards; educating the public on environmental health issues; and protecting the environment.
MAJOR PROGRAMS:This department offers the following services:
- Provides approval and inspections of private wells and water systems to assure water quality;
- Provides approval and inspections of on-site wastewater (septic) systems;
- Conducts required inspections of facilities serving food and beverages and providing public lodging;
- Conducts required inspections of public swimming pools and beaches;
- Offers a childhood lead poisoning prevention program- http://www.chathamnc.org/Index.aspx?page=1379
»»We do not accept any money transactions after 4:00 p.m. daily. This includes applications for permits, water samples, and any payments via cash, check, or money order. Payments made by credit card now require a 3% convenience fee .««
RELATED INFORMATION & APPLICATIONS:
- Special Events Consolidated Application Form
- Septic & Well Permit Application
Alternative System Designers (Contact our office to be added to the list)
- Food & Lodging
- Water Sample Application
- Onsite Wastewater Monitoring
- Onsite Wastewater Systems (Septic)
- Request For Public Records Form
- Request for Service / Complaint Form
- Subsurface Operators List
HEALTH DEPARTMENT OFFERS WEB-BASED CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEY
The Chatham County Public Health Department wants to hear from you! The health department now has a customer satisfaction survey available online. Click here to give us feedback.
Encuesta de Satisfacción del Cliente para el Departamento de Salud Pública del Condado de Chatham