MISSION: The mission of Emergency Operations is to plan for various types of emergencies that might occur in Chatham County and coordinate all emergency preparation, response, relief and recovery efforts between citizens and government agencies (local, state and federal). Expedient recovery is a priority, but safety to citizens is the top priority.
Basic Chatham County
The Communications Division's mission is to receive and prioritize calls through the 9-1-1 Communications Center; give pre-arrival instructions to callers; and dispatch appropriate responders in an expedient manner to protect the life and property of citizens and responders.
- Prepare for and manage response and recovery for various types of disasters and emergencies (ice storms, hurricanes, chemical spills, etc.)
- Operate the 9-1-1 Communications Center
- Manage the CodeRED emergency alert system to notify residents of disasters or emergencies affecting their communities
- Manage 9-1-1 addressing and road naming
- Provide road name signs for all state roads and private roads off of a state road
- Manage emergency medical services provided to the county through a contract agency
LOCATION & CONTACT INFORMATION
- Office Location: 297 West Street, Pittsboro, NC
- Office Hours: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday
- Office Phone: 919-542-2811, extension 6
- Emergencies Requiring Immediate Response: CALL 9-1-1
- Non-urgent Emergencies (i.e. report stolen items, suspicious activities): 919-542-2911
- Secondary TTY (only call if you are unable to make a TTY call to 911): 919-542-3407
- Mailing Address: PO Box 613, Pittsboro, NC 27312
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR: Steve Newton, email@example.com
EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR: Mike Reitz, firstname.lastname@example.org
|For Chatham County Public Records Requests:|
CLICK HERE to register for CodeRED.