T R A N S P O R T A T I O N N E W S
The Transportation Advisory Committee’s purpose is to provide technical recommendations to the County Commissioners who make decisions and policy on issues on transportation related issues as well as serves as a venue for public discourse.
The long-term goal is to create a sustainable transportation system that offers access to various modes of transportation for people and goods.
The Strategic Plan was originally created by the Transportation Advisory Committee in 2010 to act as a guide to carry out it's mission over the course of 4 years. The plan aids in assessing, anticipating, and addressing transportation issues in order to effectively communicate the committee intentions to the Board of Commissioners, other advisory boards, community organizations, government organizations, businesses and the general public.
Click here for the newly updated 2016-2019 Strategic Plan.
The TAC meets bimonthly on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 PM in Dunlap Classroom (80 East St. Pittsboro 27312).
Committee meetings are open to the public. Meeting agendas always provide opportunities for the public to comment.
click here to view the entire 2017 TAC Meeting Schedule
Interested in serving on the Committee? Click here to fill out an application form.
The Committee has a total of 11 voting members and up to 7 non-voting members. Each of the 5 county commissioner districts appoint 2 voting members from a list of recommended candidates to ensure geographic equity. The following members represent/exhibits expertise in one or more of the following:
- Non-motorized transportation, such as bicycling and walking
- Public transportation, such as transit systems
- Personal motor vehicles, such as cars and motorcycles
- Large, slow-moving or commercial vehicles, including agricultural and commercial product transport
- Public safety, including emergency responders and law enforcement
- Transportation & the economy
- Transportation & the environment
- Transportation & society (community)
The 11 voting members, along with each person's term expiration date, are listed below: ** the initial term, voting members' terms will be three years.
- Matt Alexander (Chair) - June 30, 2018
- Edmund Regan - June 30, 2019
- Melissa Starr (Vice Chair) - June 30, 2019
- Nicole Brown - June 30, 2019
- Al Capehart - June 20, 2019
- Scott Evenson - June 30, 2018
- JoAnn Beal - June 30, 2018
- Jamie Nunnelly - June 30, 2020
- Roy Girolami - June 30, 2020
- Don Wollum (Secretary)- June 30, 2018
- Keith McLaurin - June 30, 2018
NON-VOTING MEMBERS: The 7 non-voting members are listed below :
- Commissioner Mike Dasher - Chatham County
- Lynn Gaines - Town of Goldston
- Michael Fiocco - Town of Pittsboro
- Larry Cheek - Town of Siler City
- Anna Testerman - Chatham Transit Network
- Jennifer Park - Health Department
- Town of Cary - Vacant
2016 Annual Report to the Board of Commissioners and Infographic
May 2015 TAC Annual Report to Board of Commissioners
QUESTIONS? Call or email Cara Coppola, Planner I, at (919) 545-8365