PURPOSE: The purpose of the JCPC shall be to:
- Ensure that appropriate intermediate dispositional options are available and prioritize funding for dispositions of intermediate and community level sanctions for court adjudicated juveniles pursuant to minimum standards adopted by the Department of Juvenile Justice.
- Evaluate programs developed and supported by the JCPC for effectiveness and continued need.
- Assess the needs of delinquent and at-risk juveniles in Orange and Chatham Counties and report those findings to County Commissioners.
- Plan for the establishment of a permanent funding stream for delinquency prevention services.
MEETINGS: Click here for the revised FY 2018-2019 meeting schedule. Agendas will be sent to the council one week prior to the meeting.
MINUTES: Click here to view approved minutes of prior meetings.
LEARN MORE ABOUT JCPCs: Link to the NC Department of Public Safety website
- George Greger-Holt, Retired, Chatham County Schools
- Sgt. Mike Szpunar, School Resource Officer
- Marcella Trageser, Assistant District Attorney
- Peggy Hamlett, Chief Court Counselor
- Courtney Goldston, Chatham County HR Analyst
- Jennie Kristiansen, Director Chatham County Department of Social Services
- Renita Foxx, Director Chatham 360
- Sherri Murrell, Assistant Public Defender
- Judge Beverly Scarlett, District Judge Designee
- Paul Atherton, Juvenile Court School Liaison
- Rita Marley-McKenzie, Small Business Owner
- Layton Long, Director Chatham County Public Health Department
- Kelsey Hoglund, Chatham County Parks and Recreation Administrative Assistant
- Alison Uhlenberg, Court Counselor
- Justin Bartholomew, Principal Northwood High School
- Stephanie Jones, System of Care Coordinator, Cardinal Innovations
- Steve Tamayo, Associate Pastor, Chatham Community Church
- Karen Howard, Chatham County Commissioner
CHAIR: Renita Foxx VICE-CHAIR: Pam Weiden
COMMISSIONER LIAISON: Karen Howard is the current county commissioner liaison to the council.
AGENCIES & PROGRAMS FUNDED IN FY 2018:
- Chatham County Together (Community Service & Restitution, Family Advocacy, Teen Court)
- El Futuro (Crisis Counseling Intervention)
- Haven House (Wrenn House, Psychological Assessments)
CONTACT: Renita Foxx firstname.lastname@example.org