PURPOSE: The purpose of the JCPC shall be to:
- Ensure that appropriate intermediate dispositional options are available and prioritize funding for dispositions of intermediate and community level sanctions for court adjudicated juveniles pursuant to minimum standards adopted by the Department of Juvenile Justice.
- Evaluate programs developed and supported by the JCPC for effectiveness and continued need.
- Assess the needs of delinquent and at-risk juveniles in Orange and Chatham Counties and report those findings to County Commissioners.
- Plan for the establishment of a permanent funding stream for delinquency prevention services.
MEETINGS: Click here for the FY 2016-2017 meeting schedule. Agendas will be sent to the council one week prior to the meeting.
MINUTES: Click here to view approved minutes of prior meetings.
LEARN MORE ABOUT JCPCs: Link to the NC Department of Public Safety website
- George Greger-Holt, Retired, Chatham County Schools
- Sgt. Mike Szpunar, School Resource Officer
- Marcella Trageser, Assistant District Attorney
- Peggy Hamlett, Chief Court Counselor
- Courtney Goldston, Chatham County HR Analyst
- Jennie Kristiansen, Director Chatham County Department of Social Services
- Renita Foxx, Director Chatham 360
- Sherri Murrell, Assistant Public Defender
- Judge Beverly Scarlett, District Judge Designee
- Paul Atherton, Juvenile Court School Liaison
- Rita Marley-McKenzie, Small Business Owner
- Layton Long, Director Chatham County Public Health Department
- Megan Gilliland, Chatham County Parks and Recreation Administrative Assistant
- Alison Uhlenberg, Court Counselor
- Justin Bartholomew, Principal Northwood High School
CHAIR: George Greger-Holt VICE-CHAIR: Marci Trageser
COMMISSIONER LIAISON: Karen Howard is the current county commissioner liaison to the council.
AGENCIES & PROGRAMS FUNDED IN FY 2017:
- Chatham County Together (Community Service & Restitution, Family Advocacy, Teen Court)
- El Futuro (Crisis Counseling Intervention)
- Haven House (Wrenn House)
CONTACT: George Greger-Holt, email@example.com