PROPOSED MAJOR CORRIDORS PLAN
The Major Corridor Task Force has produced a proposed plan for development regulations along seven major corridors in the county:
- US 1
- US 421
- US 64
- US 15/501
- NC 87
- NC 751
- Pittsboro-Moncure Road
The plan was been presented to the Planning Board for Review in March and April 2008 and three community meetings were held in March in the affected areas. An official public hearing will be schedule in May or possibly later.
KEY DOCUMENTS RELATED TO PROPOSAL:
- Proposed Corridor Plan Map: Click here to view the plan updated on June 4, 2008. Any revisions will be posted here
- Proposed Amendments to the Zoning Ordinance: This document includes proposed revisions to the County's Zoning Ordinance, including photo illustrations of specific requirements. If adopted, it would be accompanied by revisions to the County's Land Conservation and Development Plan. Click here to review the most current version of the proposed amendments.
- Executive Summary: Click here to view an Executive Summary from Task Force Chairman John Graybeal
- Summary Handout: Click here to view a two-page handout summarizing the proposed Major Corridor Plan, which will be distributed at the community meetings.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION AND MATERIALS:
The Triangle J Council of Governments is providing staff support for the task force. An overview of the project can be found at: http://www.tjcog.dst.nc.us/regplan/chatcorr.shtml Updated presentations to the Board of County Commissioners, including proposed options, can be found at: http://www.tjcog.dst.nc.us/regplan/chatcorr.shtml#tabcont
WHAT ARE THE COMMUNITY MEETINGS AND WHY ARE IMPORTANT?
Three meetings weren scheduled around the county for residents in March to:
- Get details on the corridor proposal;
- Find out what this means to you and your community;
- Get your questions answered; and
- Most important, express your concerns and suggestions, before the plan is finalized.
MORE INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED AS IT IS AVAILABLE