The Housing Authority oversees federal funds to help qualified low-income residents with their rental payments. The authority also works with some families in the rental subsidy program to develop a five-year plans to become self-sufficient and help others in the program become homeowners through subsidized mortgages.
MEETINGS: The meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 6 pm at the Housing Authority office in Pittsboro.
MEMBERS: The members are appointed by the County Board of Commissioners and must include one tenant. Current members and when their terms expire are:
- Gary Cox, Chairman (April 6, 2009 - April 6, 2014)
- R. B. McKinley, (May 20, 2013 - May 20, 2018)
- John Cross (September 17, 2012 - September 17, 2017)
- Gladys Alston (September 17, 2012 - September 17, 2017)
- Judith Wiggs* (April 15, 2013 - April 15, 2016 *Completing the unexpired term of Paige Otos)
CONTACT: JoAnn Davis, Housing Authority, 919-542-3742
Last updated date: 5/2/2013 2:15:42 PM