The Housing Authority oversees federal funds to help qualified low-income residents with their rental payments. The authority also works with some families in the rental subsidy program to develop a five-year plans to become self-sufficient and help others in the program become homeowners through subsidized mortgages.
MEETINGS: They typically meet on the third Tuesday of the month in Siler City.
MEMBERS: The members are appointed by the County Board of Commissioners. Current members and when their terms expire are:
- Gary Cox, Chairman (April 2016)
- R. B. McKinley, (May 2018)
- John Cross (September 2017)
- Gladys Alston (September 2017)
- Eugene Davis (April 2016)
CONTACT: JoAnn Davis, Housing Authority, 919-742-1236