Information about 5K Reindeer Run/Walk
The USATF certified course begins and ends on the paved trail of the Central Carolina Community College (CCCC) Campus and winds its way through the rolling hills of the heart of historic Pittsboro, NC.
The Reindeer Run/Walk is a well loved tradition for runners and volunteers! One runner states, “This is my cannot miss run of the year…” Not only is this event well loved, but it is also a great way to promote being healthy and active during the holiday season. The Reindeer Run gives runners and walkers an opportunity to be active through the event and throughout the year.
All of the proceeds from the race are used to enhance or increase access to parks, trails, playgrounds or sidewalks and programs that promote physically active lifestyles. Past proceeds have gone to the Pittsboro Skate Park, a local Elementary School for their playground equipment, a childcare center for a physical activity program and the development of a trail at White Pines Nature Preserve. Sign up for the race and help promote physical activity.
Active Chatham is a health department sponsored coalition of community volunteers to highlight the importance of physical activity as part of a healthy lifestyle.
To volunteer, contact Anna Stormzand at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-545-8445.
Rudolph's Family Fun Run
Join Rudolph for some free family fun! Rudolph’s Family Fun Run is free for children age 12 and under and we invite the entire family to join in on this fun physical activity challenge. Rudolph’s Family Fun Run directly follows the Active Chatham 5K Reindeer Run/Walk on December 13th. Children and families who wish to participate should all meet Rudolph in front of Central Carolina Community College Building 2 at 9:00am. All children and families are welcome; participation in the Reindeer Run/Walk is not required.
Together everyone will complete a quick warm-up. Rudolph will then lead children and families around a fun .75 mile course on the CCCC THANKS trail. Along the way, participants will stop and complete three Reindeer Challenges! All kids finishing the fun run will receive a medal.
Click here to view the flyer for Rudolph's Family Fun Run in English.
Click here to view the flyer for Rudolph's Family Fun Run in Spanish.
For questions on Rudolph’s Family Fun Run contact Sarah Weller at email@example.com or call 919-545-8443.
- $20 Early bird registration received by November 13, 2014. (T-shirt guaranteed before November 13th).
- $25 for regular registration received by December 9, 2014.
- $30 Race Day Registrations made on-site at CCCC on December 13, 2014.
- $18/person Team Rate for groups of 3-5 people per team. *Team registrations must be received by December 5, 2014 (by November 13th to be guaranteed a shirt). Team registration is not available on-site on race day.
- Rudolph’s Fun Run at 9:00am is free for children age 12 and under. *Registration fee is required for t-shirts. Parental or guardian signature on waiver form located on site is needed for each child participant.
Registration Details and Packet Pick-Up
- T-shirts as available with paid registrations. Shirts guaranteed for registrations received by November 13th.
- Paper registration forms are located at Chatham County Partnership office at 200 Sanford Highway Suite 4, Pittsboro, NC.
- Race Day Registration will be from 7:00 am to 7:45 am in the multipurpose room of Central Carolina Community College, in Building 2 on Saturday, December 13, 2014.
- Packet pick up will be located at the Chatham County Parks and Recreation Department, 90 East Street, Pittsboro, NC 27312 from 5:00pm to 7:00pm on Thursday, December 11th and on race day at CCCC between 7:00am-7:45am.
6-Week 5K Walking Program for the Reindeer Run/Walk
Getting moving is one of the most important things you can do for your health! Regular physical activity is linked to a number of health benefits, including helping to control weight, reducing the risk of diabetes and certain types of cancer. And what better opportunity to get walking than the 10th Annual 5K Reindeer Run/Walk on Saturday, December 13th? This 6-week training plan will get you ready to walk the scenic 3.1 mile loop through Pittsboro on race day.
Download the 2013 training plan here. 2014 plan coming in October!
We are currently looking for sponsors for the 2014 Reindeer Run. If you are interested in being a sponsor, download the 5K Reindeer Run/Walk Sponsor Guide and contact Anna Stormzand at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-545-8445.
Thank You to our Current Sponsors!
More coming soon...
2013 Race Results
2012 Race Results
2011 Race Results
Pictures from Previous Years
For more information:
Contact Anna Stormzand at email@example.com or call 919-545-8445 and Jennifer Park at 919-545-8444 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To go back to the Active Chatham homepage, click here.