- MISSION: To provide all citizens with a variety of recreational opportunities through facilities and programs that are accessible, safe and well-maintained.
- Milk & Cookies with Santa at NORTHWEST DISTRICT PARK (2413 Woody Store Road, Siler City) FRIDAY, Dec. 6th, 2013 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM. Please register by 11-29-2013. We will have arts and crafts as well as a sing-along, and of course, his favorite snack, cookies and milk! Cost is $15.00 for 1st child and $10.00 for each additional sibling.
- PARENTS NIGHT OUT NORTHWEST DISTRICT PARK
DINING HALL (2413 Woody Store Road, Siler City)
December 13th, 2013, from 6:00 P.M.-10:00 P.M. Please register by: 12-6-2013. We are proud to announce our 2nd annual Parents Night Out! If you need to catch up on Christmas shopping, run errands, or just get a break from it all, then come see us! We will have arts and crafts, games, a movie, and more. This event is open for children from K—8th grades. Cost is $15.00 per child $10.00 each additional sibling.
NEW! REGISTER ONLINE
Programs & Classes
Chatham County Parks and Recreation Department has launched a new online system called WebTrac that allows residents to register and pay for programs and classes, make park facility reservations and easily browse recreational opportunities from their computer.
To access the departments WebTrac system, visit https://recreation.chathamnc.org
Once registered, users will be able to use WebTrac to sign up and pay for program and class registrations, when available, and facility reservations.
MAJOR SERVICES & PROGRAMS:
- Manages county recreational and park facilities, including ballfields at Bynum and Southwest Community Park near Bear Creek
- Offers the following county- sponsored recreation programs: basketball for adults, boys and girls; fast-pitch softball for girls; adult softball; t-ball for girls and boys; youth track and field; youth wrestling, youth tennis lessons, and tumbling classes for tots.
- Supports programs managed by other organizations for youth football, soccer and baseball and for kayaking and canoeing;
- Partners with other organizations to develop walking/biking trails and river canoe trails;
- Sponsors special events, including Easter egg hunt, fall festival, movies in the parks, family fun day and summer recreation camps; and
- Collaborates with the Chatham Parks Foundation to raise funds for park facilities in the county.
OFFICE LOCATION: 90 East Street, Pittsboro, NC (between Hardee's and BP Station)
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am-5 pm on Monday-Friday, except for holidays (but call in advance as the staff may be out operating programs)
P. O. Box 1783, Pittsboro, NC 27312
DIRECTOR: Tracy M. Burnett
FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES
COUNTY PARKS & TRAILS: Click here
PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES: Click here
RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD & LOCAL GRANTS: Click here
SPECIAL EVENTS: Click here
CHATHAM PARKS FOUNDATION: Click here
SLIDE SHOW: Provides information on programs and facilities. Click here. Must have Powerpoint to view slide show.
PARKS & RECREATION MASTER PLAN (updated 2009): Click here