MISSION: To provide all citizens with a variety of recreational opportunities through facilities and programs that are accessible, safe and well-maintained.
Like us on Facebook!
Family Fun Night at NE District Park has been rescheduled for Friday, June 10th
On Friday, June 10th, 2016 we will be hosting our Family Fun Night at NE DISTRICT PARK (5408 Big Woods Road, Chapel Hill). This event is free to the public. Activities will begin at 6 p.m. with movie beginning at dark.
ARTS AND CRAFTS FOR KIDS
INFLATABLES / BOUNCE HOUSES
CONCESSIONS (WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE)
OUTDOOR MOVIE-- The Minions: begins at dark. Click here to view flyer.
The 2016 Recreation Grant Application is now available. Please click here to view or download the application and view eligibility requirements.
Register Now for:
Carolina Pool Management will be at our office on the following dates and times to hold registration for swim lessons at the Pittsboro Swim Association.
May 3rd, 2016 - 9 a.m. until 12 noon
May 18th, 2016 -11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
June 1st, 2016 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Click here for more information.
Spring 2016 Newsletter
Our Spring 2016 REC REPORT NEWSLETTER is now available.
Click here to view.
- To help residents stay fit, Chatham County has partnered with the Town of Siler City and the Chatham County Council on Aging to create a walking series around the county. Walkers of all ages are invited. Click here for more information on the series.
For programs & classes and to book facilities
Chatham County Parks and Recreation Department has launched a new online system called WebTrac that allows residents to register and pay for programs and classes, make park facility reservations and easily browse recreational opportunities from their computer.
To access the departments WebTrac system, visit https://recreation.chathamnc.org
Once registered, users will be able to use WebTrac to sign up and pay for program and class registrations, when available, and facility reservations.
Please call our office at (919) 545-8555 for any additional information.
MAJOR SERVICES & PROGRAMS:
- Manages county recreational and park facilities, including ball fields at Bynum and Southwest Community Park near Bear Creek
- Offers the following county- sponsored recreation programs: basketball for adults, boys and girls; fast-pitch softball for girls; adult softball; t-ball for girls and boys; youth track and field; youth wrestling, youth tennis lessons, and tumbling classes for tots.
- Supports programs managed by other organizations for youth football, soccer and baseball and for kayaking and canoeing;
- Partners with other organizations to develop walking/biking trails and river canoe trails;
- Sponsors special events, including Easter egg hunt, fall festival, movies in the parks, family fun day and summer recreation camps; and
- Collaborates with the Chatham Parks Foundation to raise funds for park facilities in the county.
OFFICE LOCATION: 90 East Street, Pittsboro, NC (between Hardee's and BP Station)
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am-5 pm on Monday-Friday, except for holidays (but call in advance as the staff may be out operating programs)
P. O. Box 1783, Pittsboro, NC 27312
DIRECTOR: Tracy M. Burnett
FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES
COUNTY PARKS & TRAILS: Click here
PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES: Click here
RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD & LOCAL GRANTS: Click here
SPECIAL EVENTS: Click here
CHATHAM PARKS FOUNDATION: Click here
SLIDE SHOW: Provides information on programs and facilities. Click here. Must have Powerpoint to view slide show.
PARKS & RECREATION MASTER PLAN: Click here