MISSION: To provide all citizens with a variety of recreational opportunities through facilities and programs that are accessible, safe and well-maintained.
Upcoming & Current Events:
- Our 2014 Fall/Winter Newsletter is now available online. Please click here to view.
.Register now for ZUMBA CLASSES at Northwest District Park: Starts on Monday, Dec. 1, 6 to 7 PM and runs through Feb. 23, 2015. The cost is $40 for five classes or $80 for ten classes.
Register now for our 3rd Annual Parents Night Out on Friday, December 5th, 2014 from 6 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. for more see our newsletter for additional information.
- MILK & COOKIES WITH SANTA at Northwest District Park: Slated for Friday, Dec. 12, from 6 PM to 8 PM. DEADLINE to register is Dec. 5, 2014
- Wrestling Registration extended until December 5th. This program is open to ages 5-14. *Our wrestling program location has changed and will take place at Northwood High School in Pittsboro.*
For Programs & Classes
Chatham County Parks and Recreation Department has launched a new online system called WebTrac that allows residents to register and pay for programs and classes, make park facility reservations and easily browse recreational opportunities from their computer.
To access the departments WebTrac system, visit https://recreation.chathamnc.org
Once registered, users will be able to use WebTrac to sign up and pay for program and class registrations, when available, and facility reservations.
Facility Reservations available.
Please call our office at (919) 545-8555 for any additional information.
MAJOR SERVICES & PROGRAMS:
- Manages county recreational and park facilities, including ballfields at Bynum and Southwest Community Park near Bear Creek
- Offers the following county- sponsored recreation programs: basketball for adults, boys and girls; fast-pitch softball for girls; adult softball; t-ball for girls and boys; youth track and field; youth wrestling, youth tennis lessons, and tumbling classes for tots.
- Supports programs managed by other organizations for youth football, soccer and baseball and for kayaking and canoeing;
- Partners with other organizations to develop walking/biking trails and river canoe trails;
- Sponsors special events, including Easter egg hunt, fall festival, movies in the parks, family fun day and summer recreation camps; and
- Collaborates with the Chatham Parks Foundation to raise funds for park facilities in the county.
OFFICE LOCATION: 90 East Street, Pittsboro, NC (between Hardee's and BP Station)
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am-5 pm on Monday-Friday, except for holidays (but call in advance as the staff may be out operating programs)
P. O. Box 1783, Pittsboro, NC 27312
DIRECTOR: Tracy M. Burnett
FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES
COUNTY PARKS & TRAILS: Click here
PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES: Click here
RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD & LOCAL GRANTS: Click here
SPECIAL EVENTS: Click here
CHATHAM PARKS FOUNDATION: Click here
SLIDE SHOW: Provides information on programs and facilities. Click here. Must have Powerpoint to view slide show.
PARKS & RECREATION MASTER PLAN (updated 2009): Click here