- MISSION: To provide all citizens with a variety of recreational opportunities through facilities and programs that are accessible, safe and well-maintained.
Important Information Regarding Youth Basketball Tournament
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE REVISED 2014 YOUTH BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT BRACKETS. (This is for all age divisions, please scroll down once you click to find the appropriate bracket for your age division.) If you should have questions, please contact our office by phone at (919) 545-8555 for an immediate answer.
REGISTER NOW FOR:
- We are currently taking registrations for our Northwest District Park Summer Camp Program (See the Youth Camp Page for more information.
- Spring Sports (T-ball & Softball in Pittsboro & Silk Hope areas, Youth Track Program in Pittsboro, Adult Co-ed Softball, & Adult Co-ed Basketball).
Please call our office at (919) 545-8555 for any additional information.
NEW! REGISTER ONLINE
Programs & Classes
Chatham County Parks and Recreation Department has launched a new online system called WebTrac that allows residents to register and pay for programs and classes, make park facility reservations and easily browse recreational opportunities from their computer.
To access the departments WebTrac system, visit https://recreation.chathamnc.org
Once registered, users will be able to use WebTrac to sign up and pay for program and class registrations, when available, and facility reservations.
MAJOR SERVICES & PROGRAMS:
- Manages county recreational and park facilities, including ballfields at Bynum and Southwest Community Park near Bear Creek
- Offers the following county- sponsored recreation programs: basketball for adults, boys and girls; fast-pitch softball for girls; adult softball; t-ball for girls and boys; youth track and field; youth wrestling, youth tennis lessons, and tumbling classes for tots.
- Supports programs managed by other organizations for youth football, soccer and baseball and for kayaking and canoeing;
- Partners with other organizations to develop walking/biking trails and river canoe trails;
- Sponsors special events, including Easter egg hunt, fall festival, movies in the parks, family fun day and summer recreation camps; and
- Collaborates with the Chatham Parks Foundation to raise funds for park facilities in the county.
OFFICE LOCATION: 90 East Street, Pittsboro, NC (between Hardee's and BP Station)
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am-5 pm on Monday-Friday, except for holidays (but call in advance as the staff may be out operating programs)
P. O. Box 1783, Pittsboro, NC 27312
DIRECTOR: Tracy M. Burnett
FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES
COUNTY PARKS & TRAILS: Click here
PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES: Click here
RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD & LOCAL GRANTS: Click here
SPECIAL EVENTS: Click here
CHATHAM PARKS FOUNDATION: Click here
SLIDE SHOW: Provides information on programs and facilities. Click here. Must have Powerpoint to view slide show.
PARKS & RECREATION MASTER PLAN (updated 2009): Click here