TAX ADMINISTRATOR: Clyde (Kep) Kepley
MISSION: To ensure that all Chatham County real and personal property is listed and equitably assessed for taxes in accordance with North Carolina General Statutes (state laws); to employ all lawful means to collect property taxes levied by the governing board (County Board of Commissioners; and to provide cost-efficient and quality customer service to the citizens and taxpayers of Chatham County.
- Billing and collection of property taxes, including providing several options for payments (mail, on-site office payment, drop-off box, online credit cards, and bank drafts);
- Distribution of annual property listing forms;
- Mapping of county properties for taxation purposes;
- Valuation of real estate property with revaluation scheduled every four years;
- Assisting customers with tax questions and concerns; and
- On-site collection of water bills for the Utility Department.
- Online tax bill/tax records search capability.
- Online Forms
- Room Occupancy Tax Collection Form
FOR 2009 & FUTURE REVALUATION INFORMATION: Contact Kep Kepley, Chatham County Tax Administrator at 919-542-8261 or email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2013, Chatham County will no longer collect tax on registered motor vehicles. The State of North Carolina now collects county tax at the time of vehicle tag renewal. Please use the registration card or contact NCDMV (919)814-1779 for tax information. Note: this does not apply to vehicles with a permanent tag.
OFFICE LOCATION: 12 East Street, Pittsboro, NC 27312 (Courthouse Annex)
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday, except holidays
PHONE: 919-542-8260 (Collections) or 919-542-8250 (Listing & Assessing)
Tax Assessor: P. O. Box 908, Pittsboro, NC 27312
Tax Collector: P. O. Box 697, Pittsboro, NC 27312