TAX ADMINISTRATOR: Frances Wilson
MISSION: To ensure that all Chatham County real and personal property is listed and equitably assessed for taxes in accordance with North Carolina General Statutes (state laws); to employ all lawful means to collect property taxes levied by the governing board (County Board of Commissioners; and to provide cost-efficient and quality customer service to the citizens and taxpayers of Chatham County.
- Billing and collection of property taxes, including providing several options for payments (mail, on-site office payment, drop-off box, online credit cards, and bank drafts);
- Distribution of annual property listing forms;
- Mapping of county properties for taxation purposes;
- Valuation of real estate property with revaluation scheduled every four years;
- Assisting customers with tax questions and concerns; and
- On-site collection of water bills for the Utility Department.
- Online tax bill/tax records search capability.
- Online Forms
- Room Occupancy Tax Collection Form
FOR 2009 & FUTURE REVALUATION INFORMATION: Contact Frances Wilson, Chatham County Tax Administrator at 919-542-8261 or email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICE LOCATION: 12 East Street, Pittsboro, NC 27312 (Courthouse Annex)
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday, except holidays
PHONE: 919-542-8260 (Collections) or 919-542-8250 (Listing & Assessing)
Tax Assessor: P. O. Box 908, Pittsboro, NC 27312
Tax Collector: P. O. Box 697, Pittsboro, NC 27312