Records & Bills
Coming July 1, 2013!
Motor Vehicle Tax Collection Changes
The NC General Assembly passed a new law to create a combined motor vehicle registration renewal and property tax collection system. The new law transfers the responsibility for motor vehicle tax collection from the county level to the NC Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
What does this mean?
Currently, vehicle registration and taxes are processed separately. First you receive notice and pay your vehicle registration. Then three months later, you have received notice and paid your vehicle tax.
But, starting in 2013, the DMV will send a new combined notice that includes both the vehicle registration and the vehicle tax, and they will be due at the same time.
For more information, click here. Call 919-542-8250 if you need more information.
: Frances Wilson
MISSION: To ensure that all Chatham County real and personal property is listed and equitably assessed for taxes in accordance with North Carolina General Statutes (state laws); to employ all lawful means to collect property taxes levied by the governing board (County Board of Commissioners; and to provide cost-efficient and quality customer service to the citizens and taxpayers of Chatham County.
- Billing and collection of property taxes, including providing several options for payments (mail, on-site office payment, drop-off box, online credit cards, and bank drafts);
- Distribution of annual property listing forms;
- Mapping of county properties for taxation purposes;
- Valuation of real estate property with revaluation scheduled every four years;
- Assisting customers with tax questions and concerns; and
- On-site collection of water bills for the Utility Department.
- Online tax bill/tax records search capability.
- Online Forms
- Room Occupancy Tax Collection Form
FOR 2009 & FUTURE REVALUATION INFORMATION: Contact Frances Wilson, Chatham County Tax Administrator at 919-542-8261 or email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICE LOCATION: 12 East Street, Pittsboro, NC 27312 (Courthouse Annex)
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday, except holidays
PHONE: 919-542-8260 (Collections) or 919-542-8250 (Listing & Assessing)
Tax Assessor: P. O. Box 908, Pittsboro, NC 27312
Tax Collector: P. O. Box 697, Pittsboro, NC 27312