PURPOSE: The Transportation Advisory Committee’s purpose is to identify and study issues and make recommendations to the county commissioners on transportation and related issues. The long-term goal is to have a sustainable transportation system that offers access to various modes of transportation for people and goods.
Comprehensive Transportation Plan
A Comprehensive Transportation Plan (CTP) is being developed for Chatham County. This study is intended to produce a long range planning document that will assist the local government and its representatives in making transportation decisions over the next 25-30 years.
This plan is a joint effort between Chatham County, the municipalities of Goldston, Pittsboro and Siler City, the Triangle Area RPO, the Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro MPO and the NCDOT.
CTP meetings are held during regular meetings of the Transportation Advisory Committee.
Click here for more information
MEETINGS: The committee typically meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00pm in Pittsboro.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MEETING SCHEDULE, AGENDAS AND MINUTES
MEMBERSHIP: The committee has a total of 17 members.
There are 11 voting members, representing each of the 5 county commissioner districts and the following transportation groups:
- Non-motorized transportation, such as bicycling and walking
- Public transportation, such as transit systems
- Personal motor vehicles, such as cars and motorcycles
- Large, slow-moving or commercial vehicles, including agricultural and commercial product transport
- Public safety, including emergency responders and law enforcement
- Transportation & the economy
- Transportation & the environment
- Transportation & society (community)
There are also 6 non-voting members that represent Chatham County, the towns and Chatham Transit Network.
VOTING MEMBERS: The 11 voting members, along with each person's term expiration date, are listed below:
- Scott Evenson (Chair)- June 30, 2015
- Tammy Phillips (Vice Chair) - June 30, 2015
- Keith Gerarden (Secretary) - June 30, 2016
- Edmund Regan - June 30, 2016
- Dennis Geiser - June 30, 2016
- Philip Bors - June 30, 2015
- Matt Alexander - June 30, 2015
- James Stewart - June 30, 2016
After expiration of the initial term, voting members' terms will be three years.
The 6 non-voting members are listed below :
- Commissioner Brian Bock - Chatham County
- vacant - Town of Cary
- Lynn Gaines - Town of Goldston
- Michael Fiocco - Town of Pittsboro
- Larry Cheek - Town of Siler City
- Dan Stroupe - Chatham Transit Network
- Jennifer Park - Health Department
2011-2013 Strategic Plan
List of Transportation Acronyms
List of Transportation Contacts
QUESTIONS: Call or email Hillary Pace, Planner II, at 919-542-8276.