The Transportation Advisory Committee’s purpose is to provide technical recommendations to the County Commissioners who make decisions and policy on issues on transportation related issues as well as serves as a venue for public discourse. The long-term goal is to create a sustainable transportation system that offers access to various modes of transportation for people and goods.
Comprehensive Transportation Plan
A Comprehensive Transportation Plan (CTP) is being developed for Chatham County. This study is intended to produce a long range planning document that will assist the local government and its representatives in making transportation decisions over the next 25-30 years.
This plan is a joint effort between Chatham County, the municipalities of Goldston, Pittsboro and Siler City, the Triangle Area RPO, the Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro MPO and the NCDOT.
CTP meetings are held during regular meetings of the Transportation Advisory Committee.
Click here for more information about the CTP
New! Recreational Bike Loop Map Available Online
The TAC meets bimonthly on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 PM in Dunlap Classroom (80-A East St. Pittsboro 27312).
The next TAC meeting will be held on
February 23rd 6:00 PM
in the Dunlap Classroom
click here for the 2016 TAC Meeting schedule
The Committee has a total of 11 voting members and up to 7 non-voting members. Each of the 5 county commissioner districts appoint 2 voting members from a list of recommended candidates to ensure geographic equity. The following members represent/exhibits expertise in one or more of the following:
- Non-motorized transportation, such as bicycling and walking
- Public transportation, such as transit systems
- Personal motor vehicles, such as cars and motorcycles
- Large, slow-moving or commercial vehicles, including agricultural and commercial product transport
- Public safety, including emergency responders and law enforcement
- Transportation & the economy
- Transportation & the environment
- Transportation & society (community)
The 11 voting members, along with each person's term expiration date, are listed below: ** the initial term, voting members' terms will be three years.
- Matt Alexander (Chair)- June 30, 2018
- Edmund Regan (Vice Chair) - June 30, 2016
- Keith Gerarden (Secretary) - June 30, 2016
- Susan Moist - June 30, 2016
- Casey Mann - June 30, 2018
- Dennis Geiser - June 30, 2016
- Scott Evenson - June 30, 2018
- JoAnn Beal - June 30, 2018
- Jamie Nunnelly - June 30, 2017
- Roy Girolami - June 30, 2017
- Don Wollum - June 30, 2018
NON-VOTING MEMBERS: The 7 non-voting members are listed below :
- Commissioner Diana Hales - Chatham County
- Lynn Gaines - Town of Goldston
- Michael Fiocco - Town of Pittsboro
- Larry Cheek - Town of Siler City
- Anna Testerman - Chatham Transit Network
- Jennifer Park - Health Department
- Town of Cary - Vacant
May 2015 TAC Annual Report to Board of Commissioners
May 2014 TAC Annual Report to Board of Commissioners and Infographic
2011-2013 Strategic Plan
List of Transportation Acronyms
List of Transportation Contacts
QUESTIONS: Call or email Hillary Pace, Planner II, at (919) 542-8276 or Cara Coppola, Planner I, at (919) 545-8365