Transportation NewsUpdated 8/30/2016
County wide Comprehensive Land Use Plan
For more information click here
Comprehensive Transportation Plan (CTP)
As a joint effort between Chatham County, the municipalities of Goldston, Pittsboro, and Siler City, the Triangle Area RPO and the NCDOT, a Comprehensive Transportation Plan is being developed for the county. The purpose of this plan is to help make informed transportation decisions over the next 25-30 years. Maps and other documentation of the plan can be viewed on the NCDOT website.
Click here to view the draft CTP
October 25th Transportation Advisory Committee Meeting
6 PM 80 East Street Pittsboro, NC in the Dunlap Classroom
Check Out the NCDOT Website!
To read about road improvements coming to the County click here
. To keep up to date on 2018-2027 State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) development click here.
DCHC MPO 2045 MTP Development
The Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (DCHC MPO) is currently developing the 2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan. This is a fiscally constrained document that drives policy and transportation project decision-making in the future.
Please click here
for more information!
Recreational Bike Loop Map Available Online
The Transportation Advisory Committee’s purpose is to provide technical recommendations to the County Commissioners who make decisions and policy on issues on transportation related issues as well as serves as a venue for public discourse. The long-term goal is to create a sustainable transportation system that offers access to various modes of transportation for people and goods.
The TAC meets bimonthly on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 PM in Dunlap Classroom (80-A East St. Pittsboro 27312).
Committee meetings are open to the public. Meeting agendas always provide opportunities for the public to comment.
The next TAC meeting will be held on
October 25th at 6:00 PM
in the Dunlap Classroom
Interested in serving on the Committee? Click here to fill out an application form.
The Committee has a total of 11 voting members and up to 7 non-voting members. Each of the 5 county commissioner districts appoint 2 voting members from a list of recommended candidates to ensure geographic equity. The following members represent/exhibits expertise in one or more of the following:
- Non-motorized transportation, such as bicycling and walking
- Public transportation, such as transit systems
- Personal motor vehicles, such as cars and motorcycles
- Large, slow-moving or commercial vehicles, including agricultural and commercial product transport
- Public safety, including emergency responders and law enforcement
- Transportation & the economy
- Transportation & the environment
- Transportation & society (community)
The 11 voting members, along with each person's term expiration date, are listed below: ** the initial term, voting members' terms will be three years.
- Matt Alexander (Chair)- June 30, 2018
- Edmund Regan (Vice Chair) - June 30, 2016
- Keith Gerarden (Secretary) - June 30, 2016
- Susan Moist - June 30, 2016
- Casey Mann - June 30, 2018
- Dennis Geiser - June 30, 2016
- Scott Evenson - June 30, 2018
- JoAnn Beal - June 30, 2018
- Jamie Nunnelly - June 30, 2017
- Roy Girolami - June 30, 2017
- Don Wollum - June 30, 2018
NON-VOTING MEMBERS: The 7 non-voting members are listed below :
- Commissioner Diana Hales - Chatham County
- Lynn Gaines - Town of Goldston
- Michael Fiocco - Town of Pittsboro
- Larry Cheek - Town of Siler City
- Anna Testerman - Chatham Transit Network
- Jennifer Park - Health Department
- Town of Cary - Vacant
2016 Annual Report to the Board of Commissioners and Infographic
May 2015 TAC Annual Report to Board of Commissioners
May 2014 TAC Annual Report to Board of Commissioners and Infographic
2016-2019 Strategic Plan
2011-2013 Strategic Plan
List of Transportation Acronyms
List of Transportation Contacts
QUESTIONS: Call or email Hillary Pace, Planner II, at (919) 542-8276 or Cara Coppola, Planner I, at (919) 545-8365