Since 1989, Chatham County has received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association.
MISSION: The mission of the Finance Department maintains all Chatham County financial records, plans and executes financial strategies to improve the county’s debt rating, and oversees a cost-efficient purchasing program for County departments. The Department is committed to providing timely, accessible, and accurate service to all customers while conducting its business in accordance with applicable local, State and Federal regulations.
MAJOR SERVICES: This department offers the following services, within the requirements of North Carolina laws and other local, state and federal regulations:
- Certifies vendors to do business with the county through vendor application forms and W-9 forms;
- Manages purchasing functions, including overseeing requirements for bids or requests for proposals;
- Assures effective management of the County’s financial assets;
- Oversees and supports annual external audit of County finances;
- Handles payroll for County employees;
- Manages accounts payable and receivable;
- Identifies and posts surplus property for sale to the public; and
- Provides prudent fiscal management for the County.
DIRECTOR: Vicki McConnell, Assistant County Manager & Finance Director
OFFICE LOCATION: 12 East Street, 2nd Floor West Wing, Pittsboro, NC
OFFICE HOURS: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday, except holidays
MAILING ADDRESS: P. O. Box 608, Pittsboro, NC 27312
PURCHASE ORDER TERMS AND CONDITIONS