Changes are Coming to the Chatham County Public Health Department
What Programs Will Chatham County Public Health Department Continue to Provide?
- Women’s Health:
- Includes Family Planning Services for patients of child bearing age such as birth control, pregnancy tests, and emergency contraception. WE ALSO ACCEPT MALE PATIENTS FOR FAMILY PLANNING
- Also includes Maternal Health Services during pregnancy
- Child Health - sick and well child care from birth through 20 years old
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) - Screenings and treatments
- Immunizations - for children and adults
- Nutrition Counseling and Services
- Weight Management
- Tuberculosis - placing and reading of TB skin tests and follow up of disease or exposures
- Colposcopy - procedure to follow up on abnormal PAP tests
What Services are Changing?
Beginning July 1, 2017, the health department will no longer provide primary care such as sick care, work physicals, or treatment for chronic disease for adults 21 years of age and older. If you are 21 years of age and received these services from Chatham County Public Health Department within the past 3 years, we can help you with referrals to another provider and transferring your medical records.
Please talk with a staff member during your clinic visit if you have questions.
If you would like to speak with someone by telephone, please call Debbie Garrett or Zach Deaton at 919-742-5641.