Corrected: Chatham Seeks Applicants for Environmental Review Advisory Committee
NOTE Corrected the County Commissioner District assigned to the vacant seat
Chatham County seeks applicants for an upcoming vacancy on the Chatham County Environmental Review Advisory Committee. The deadline to apply to fill the vacancy is Friday, May 25, 2018.
The vacant seat is assigned to County Commissioner District 2, which represents the southeastern section of Chatham County, but people living in other areas are encouraged to apply. The appointee will serve a three-year term starting July 1, 2018.
The Environmental Review Advisory Committee typically meets on the second Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm, but the schedule may vary due to holidays and issues on the agenda.
The committee’s main duties are:
- Advising the Board of Commissioners on environmental policy and related county ordinances, including the watershed ordinance.
- Conducting special projects, as assigned, to protect the environment.
- Assisting county staff with reviews of required state and federal environmental permits for projects in the county.
- Partnering with towns in the county and other interested governmental agencies on mutual concerns related to the environment.
- Serving as the county’s Watershed Review Board.
To complete an online application for committee service, visit https://chathamnc.seamlessdocs.com/f/CommitteeForm. Or contact Lindsay Ray at 919-542=8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a printed or emailed copy. The deadline is Friday, May 25, 2018 at 5 PM.